Welcome to Rowan Tree Blogs.
Rowan Tree is a specialist primary school for pupils age 2-11 with severe and complex needs in Atherton, Manchester, UK
Please click here to see all the wonderful things we did last year in our previous blogs.
Latest Posts from around school…
- The fabulous Early learners team have put together this short video so we can wish each other Merry Christmas in Signalong.
👋🏻 Hi everyone, Mr Whittle here !
Below you will find a general lesson plan that I've prepared and a list of items that you will need (feel free to get creative).
Once you have assembled the items needed you can sing and sign along to the Music session delivered by myself and Jill on YouTube which can be found below.
The activities in this session are ones that children in school are familiar with, and should hopefully respond to. Jill & I have done our very best but please bare with us as this is the first time we've sang and signed along to these songs since the lockdown began.
The beauty of this activity is that it's something we repeat on a regular basis with minor changes to the tasks in-between, so feel free to repeat the session as many times as you like.
There is no pressure for the children to meet any expected requirements, but to simply enjoy the session and engage (even if that means just watching yourself and the adults on the screen singing).
I hope you are all well, and enjoy the session.
Stay Safe, Be brave 🌈
The music session can be found here:
Welcome to the world duckies!! Our new arrivals in 2M are settling in well😍
- On Tuesday morning we went to Howe Bridge adventure play. We couldn’t use our minibus so we went on public transport and we all had a great time!
- Today, Jenny from Chester zoo came in to talk to us about song birds. We are starting a project to work closely with Chester zoo about all different song birds in the UK and in other countries like the Bali Starling. She will be back in 2 weeks when we will be going to spot birds in our school environment! Today we touched feathers, learned a song and found out how to tell if an animal is a bird!
- 1H had a lovely pamper day with our parents on Wednesday. We took part in yoga, relaxation, baking and sensory play with bath bombs. It was good to spend time with those that we love and take some out of our busy day to relax.
Then on Valentines Day we were treated to a love cafe hosted by the school council, we had cakes, bracelets and free hugs! It was lovely and we really enjoyed it, take a look at our video.
<iframe id="kaltura_player" src="https://cdnapisec.kaltura.com/p/2531481/sp/253148100/embedIframeJs/uiconf_id/43970251/partner_id/2531481?iframeembed=true&playerId=kaltura_player&entry_id=0_ovyvybx0&flashvars[streamerType]=auto&flashvars[localizationCode]=en&flashvars[leadWithHTML5]=true&flashvars[sideBarContainer.plugin]=true&flashvars[sideBarContainer.position]=left&flashvars[sideBarContainer.clickToClose]=true&flashvars[chapters.plugin]=true&flashvars[chapters.layout]=vertical&flashvars[chapters.thumbnailRotator]=false&flashvars[streamSelector.plugin]=true&flashvars[EmbedPlayer.SpinnerTarget]=videoHolder&flashvars[dualScreen.plugin]=true&flashvars[hotspots.plugin]=1&flashvars[Kaltura.addCrossoriginToIframe]=true&&wid=0_10xibv3g" width="400" height="285" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozAllowFullScreen allow="autoplay *; fullscreen *; encrypted-media *" sandbox="allow-forms allow-same-origin allow-scripts allow-top-navigation allow-pointer-lock allow-popups allow-modals allow-orientation-lock allow-popups-to-escape-sandbox allow-presentation allow-top-navigation-by-user-activation" frameborder="0" title="Kaltura Player"></iframe>
- We have had an amazing visit to Howe Bridge soft play to begin the New Year.
We are learning to play safely snd interact with each other .... we can’t wait to visit again!
- 2R have worked so hard on our Christmas play production. This is a video we prepared for the show. We are all great at decorating the tree after lots of practice.
1 L boys enjoying singing and swinging. Making the most of no rain!
We had lots of fun at rebound today. All the children were full engaged