Welcome to Rowan Tree Blogs.
Rowan Tree is a specialist primary school for pupils age 2-11 with severe and complex needs in Atherton, Manchester, UK
Please click here to see all the wonderful things we did last year in our previous blogs.
Latest Posts from around school…
- I have been so proud this week when I have gone in to classes and whilst on lunch duty of how fantastic the pupils have transitioned back to school! The staff are working their socks off to ensure everyone is happy, settled and ready to learn. Have lovely weekend everyone.
This afternoon Blue Group enjoyed exploring Nature's Den for the very first time. The children continue to grow in confidence when exploring new areas around school. Superb work!
- We are enjoying the lovely weather and having fun with our friends at playtime.
We tasted banana flavoured Angel Delight in our Food Facts lesson.
- What an amazing week we have had so far! We have enjoyed our fun with food session that is based around banana based foods. We have explored a banana using all of our senses. We then mashed the bananas and made banana fairy cakes and angel delight yum yum! We have also enjoyed exploring the outdoors. In science we enjoyed collecting natural materials such as sticks, leaves and stones and we enjoyed sorting them and counting them in our maths session. In literacy we enjoyed singing our Jolly phonics song and explored mark making and tracing letters with pens and paints. We are trying hard to establish our daily routine and I am so pleased to say that all of 1D are now eating their dinner in the hall. Well done 1D I am proud of you all. Keep up the hard work 🙂
- Chikka chikka boom boom 🌴 🥥 we found lots of sounds today and practised saying them. Yellow and blue groups joined sound together to make blends.
- All the children have settled in to routines and new surroundings. They have dealt with the change so well and have been working very hard, as well as having lots of fun in 2R. Take a look at our video for more details about our topics and activities.
- Here are our super workers of the week, Charlie and George telling us all about their work!
2m have been fab this week. Settling in well. Well done😁
- The class team are really looking forward to our new school year. Fun and laughter is going to be our aim. We hope all the children will have a fantastic year. 😀
Hello everyone. Hope you have had a great summer. Welcome to 1L.
Who we are.....Left to right
Mrs Parkinson, Mrs Jones, Miss Williams, Mrs Wilkinson